25 Easy Ways To Stay Inspired As A Writer
Updated: Jul 19, 2019
No matter how much we love to write, writers often find themselves searching for the necessary inspiration to jump-start that next big project and/or stay motivated to finish it.
The good news is inspiration is not hard to find. It's all around us. We just have to be willing to keep our hearts and minds open long enough to recognize it! Trust me, staring at a blank computer screen all day or forcing something onto the page is not the answer.
Below are 25 ways (in no particular order) to get out of that creative rut and stay inspired.
1. Change the time of day you write
2. Take breaks
3. Change scenery (coffee shop, home office, park)
4. Keep a journal of ideas
5. Read books/articles from favorite writers
6. Join a writing community
7. Mentor a young writer
8. Reward yourself
9. Get organized
10. Smile more (writing is fun, right?!)
11. Break larger goals into smaller pieces
12. Write about something different
13. Gain more experience
14. Listen to music
15. Don't beat yourself up
16. Don't take yourself too seriously
17. Have fun with/talk to your kids, friends, family
18. Eliminate distractions
20. Use a calendar and set time limits for projects
21. Remind yourself of your goals
22. Track your progress
23. Read motivational writing quotes, funny memes
24. Interview other writers about what inspires them
25. Write your own list of what inspires you
Thanks for reading!
*STEVE GAMEL is the Owner/President of Edit This, a writing and editing services company located in Denton, TX. Along with being a sports writer for the Denton Record-Chronicle, Steve handles anything involving the written word. Give him a call today to help give your business a clear voice.
#25easywaystostayinspiredasawriter #writingandediting #EditThisandDentonTx #writinginspiration #writingtips