20 Reasons Why I Love Being A Writer
Updated: Jul 18, 2019
Writing isn't easy. It's hard work and can be unnecessarily frustrating at times. But I love it.
Here's an example: I'm sitting around on Tuesday killing time before covering a basketball game when I decide to jot down some thoughts for my next blog. It's supposed to be pressure-free writing, but 20 minutes later I'm thinking, "Wow, I got nothin'!"
Just like that – yes, I'm about to be super cheesy – that song Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake starts blaring on the gym speakers. Come on, you know the words.
I got this feelin' inside my bones. It goes electric, wavy when I turn it on. All through my city, all through my home. We're flyin' up, no ceilin', when we in our zone.
I don't know why, but those lyrics immediately made me think of the feeling I have when I sit down to write something – anything. It really is a feeling deep inside my bones, and it's incredible to think I get to be a writer and editor for a living at Edit This®.
There are a million reasons why I love being a writer. For the sake of brevity, here are 20:
1. I can write about anything, from anywhere.
2. I am constantly learning something new.
3. It's a chance to tell someone's story first.
4. I can use my imagination.
5. I love that moment when inspiration strikes.
6. I love the journey to becoming a better writer.
7. I can build relationships with total strangers.
8. I can educate (writers, clients, students, etc.).
9. I can share stories about my life and family.
10. I am constantly meeting interesting people.
11. I love that words are like puzzle pieces.
12. Every day is a different writing opportunity.
13. It's a chance to research and use statistics.
14. It's a chance to refine a rough canvass.
15. It's just me and my computer.
16. My clients value my ability to write.
17. It's a chance to bring joy to people's lives.
18. I have won cool awards along the way.
19. I get to partner with other business owners.
20. The finished product is worth writer's block.
Thanks for reading! Are you a writer, too? What are some of the many reasons you love to write? Send me an email or comment on this blog through social media!
*STEVE GAMEL is the President & Owner of Edit This, LLC, a writing and editing services company located in Denton, TX. Steve handles anything involving the written word. Give him a call today to help give your business a clear voice.