Starting a blog was the best thing I could have done for my writing and editing business. Not only has it kept me top of mind with clients, but it's being shared more as time goes by – putting me in front of potential clients, other writers, and people who enjoy good content.
If you're a business owner, it's time to overcome any weird hangups you might have about starting a blog and jump on the bandwagon. When done right, the benefits are immeasurable.
Here are 20 reasons why starting a company blog was the best thing I ever did!
1. Many of my clients chose me because they read my blog.
2. Blogs add valuable content to my website.
3. I'm becoming an authority on my craft.
4. Blogging made me a better writer.
5. Blogging made me a better editor.
6. Blogging keeps me organized.
7. I can educate my readers.
8. I'm connected with other writers.
9. My business has a brand and voice.
10. Blogs help me develop contacts.
11. I can write whatever I want.
12. Having a blog has created brand awareness.
13. Blogging helped me get my book written (it's with a publisher now)!
14. Blogs keep visitors on my website longer.
15. Blogs boost my social media presence.
16. Blogging has led to more social shares.
17. I've built trusting relationships.
18. Blogging has improved my SEO.
19. Blogging gives me another way to get feedback on my business.
20. My blog allows me to advertise for free.
Call Edit This® in Denton, TX, for help with your next company blog
If you haven't pulled the trigger on starting a blog for your small business because you're worried about not having the time or resources to do it on your own, call Edit This.
We are a writing & editing services company, and we pride ourselves on helping business owners just like yourself who may not have the time to add one more task to the to-do list. We bring your posts to life, whether we write them for you or take what you've crafted and spice it up to make sure it's clear, engaging, and error-free.
The best part is we are local. That means we can meet with you in person and learn everything you do and why you do it.